[ppml] Proposed Policy: Bulk WHOIS agreement expiration clarification

Member Services memsvcs at arin.net
Thu Apr 6 13:50:28 EDT 2006

ARIN received the following policy proposal. In accordance with the ARIN
Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process, the proposal is being
posted to the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List (PPML) and being placed on
ARIN's website.

The ARIN Advisory Council (AC) will review this proposal and may decide to:
    1. Accept the proposal as a formal policy proposal as it is presented;
    2. Work with the author to:
        a) clarify the language or intent of the proposal;
        b) divide the proposal into two (2) or more proposals; or
        c) combine the proposal with other proposals; or,
    3. Not accept the proposal as a formal policy proposal.

The AC review will be conducted at the next regularly scheduled meeting
of the AC that occurs after the proposal is posted to PPML.

Since this proposal was received within 10 days of the next scheduled
meeting of the ARIN Advisory Council, the review period will be extended
to the regularly scheduled meeting that occurs after the upcoming meeting.

This proposal will not be on the agenda for the upcoming ARIN XVII
Public Policy Meeting.

If the AC accepts the proposal or reaches an agreement with the author,
then the proposal will be posted as a formal policy proposal to PPML and
it will be presented at a Public Policy Meeting. If the AC does not
accept the proposal or can not reach an agreement with the author, then
the AC will notify the community of their decision with an explanation;
at that time the author may elect to use the petition process to advance
their proposal. If the author elects not to petition or the petition
fails, then the proposal will be considered closed.

The ARIN Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process can be found at:
http://www.arin.net/policy/irpep.html

Mailing list subscription information can be found at:
http://www.arin.net/mailing_lists/index.html

Regards,

Member Services

## * ##

Policy Proposal Name: Bulk WHOIS agreement expiration clarification