[ppml] Policy Proposal 2006-4: IPv6 Direct PI Assignments for End Sites - revised text

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Tue Apr 4 04:57:14 EDT 2006

> Organizations which request and can justify assignments larger than /44
> shall qualify as LIRs and must make application for an allocation under
> policies applicable to an LIR, except that they shall be exempted from
> the requirement to assign addresses to other organizations.

Given the organized structure of the NPRM and the fact that this
policy proposal attempts to change more than one part of it, I
think that this needs to be EXPLICITLY stated as a an addition
or a change to a specific section of the NPRM.

Are you saying that you want to change the wording of 6.5.1.1
a) and b) to say

    a) be an LIR or an end-site which can justify more than
       a /44 under the requirements of section ?.?.?.?

We can't just leave this to the whims of an editor after the
fact and we should not write proposals in a way that obscures
what they are doing to the core policy.

By the way, this is only one of many problems that I see
in this proposal.

--Michael Dillon