[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-7: Rationalize Multi-Homing Definitionand Requirement

Jim McBurnett jim at tgasolutions.com
Mon Sep 5 19:27:23 EDT 2005

Interesting...
I called the helpdesk a little while back and asked for a multi-homing
block for a customer that was about to dump their primary carrier and
become multi-homed and was denied.

I was told the denial was because the customer was not currently
multi-homed and at face value could not justify a /22.

So under this policy, I believe the customer would have been approved.

With HIPPA, Sarbox, and the financial equivilent, our customers are
moving to multi-homing.
Most want a /23 or /24, and from my experience I have seen 1 to 2 week
delays in getting IP's from some ISPs.
This may really help the SMB market that wants to multi-home.

Thanks,
Jim