[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-7: Rationalize Multi-Homing Definition and Requirement - last call

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Mon Oct 31 13:15:06 EST 2005

Hi all,

On Oct 31, 2005, at 11:07, Member Services wrote:

> The ARIN Advisory Council (AC), acting under the provisions of the
> ARIN
> Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process (IRPEP), has reviewed
> policy
> proposal 2005-7 and has determined that there is community
> consensus in
> favor of the proposal to move it to last call. The AC made this
> determination at their meeting at the conclusion of the ARIN Public
> Policy meeting on October 27, 2005. The results of the AC meeting were
> reported by the Chair of the AC at the member meeting. This report can
> be found at
> http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/ARIN_XVI/mem.html
>
> The AC moved 2005-7 to last call as revised. The AC revised 2005-7 by
> adding a third paragraph to the policy statement to modify Section
> 4.3.2.2.

It should be noted that while this was discussed at the public policy
meeting a sense of the room was not gathered on this change.  If
anybody does object to this change they should speak up here.

For what it's worth, I did object to this during the AC meeting on
Thursday, not because I disagree with the change itself, but rather
because ARIN policy has a history of distinguishing between
assignments and allocations, and I felt it was not a 'minor' change.
So, the only issue I saw with it was a procedural one rather than one
that would cause any problem with the policy.

Alec