[ppml] 2005-1 or its logical successor

Tony Hain alh-ietf at tndh.net
Sat Oct 29 19:48:33 EDT 2005

Bill Woodcock wrote:
> So Chris Morrow and Mike Hughes and Thomas Narten and I were talking more
> about this over dinner, and I think the consensus out of that conversation
> was this:

I am going to number these to reference them:

1

2

3

4

5

6

7
> - in order to avoid creative interpretation of "sites," no more than one
>   site per metro area should be counted.  That's arbitrary, but it's an
>   objectively-verifiable quantity, which is what's needed for the ARIN
>   analyst staff.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't see a need for point 1. Point 2 is a subset of 6. Point 3 is really
introductory text as to why 1 is irrelevant. Maybe 4 & 5 should be combined
as 'pre-existing IPv4 multi-homing' is one way to demonstrate compliance. A
better way to handle 7 would be to define 6 in terms of multi-party BGP
peering points.

Tony