[ppml] 2005-1 or its logical successor

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Oct 28 04:03:52 EDT 2005

      On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Steve Feldman wrote:
    > > for the record, the straw poll was 24 vs 25.
    > ... And for what it's worth, my vote for the policy was mostly because
    > it was better than no policy at all, and hoping it could be cleaned
    > up on the way to adoption.  I was also in favor of the original 2005-1.

Right, I assume that was true of the other 22 people besides you and Dan
Golding, as well.  I didn't hear anyone say that the revisions to 2005-1
were acceptable, or were even _not worse_.  I did hear many, many people
queue up at the mics and all agree that they _were much much worse_, and
unacceptable.

So the two people who've explained their "yes" votes have both said that
they voted for something unacceptable, hoping it could be salvaged
afterwards.  Hardly a ringing endorsement.  Whereas the second vote, to
fix this, was unanimous except for Randy and Lee, both of whom were
joking because Stacy had offered to spank them.

                                -Bill