[ppml] Technical error was ( Regarding private residence... )

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Mon Oct 24 09:29:35 EDT 2005

Do you mean "network operator" in the NANOG sense, or in the
sense of someone who operates a network?  Listings in whois [1]
are for /29 or greater, meaning multiple hosts, i.e., a network.
Network operators in either sense may be listed [2]; the person
responsible for resolving network issues should be listed.

> If statistical analysis is an important role for the whois
> directory then people need to speak up about it.

People did, which is why there's a bulk whois policy.

> --Michael Dillon

Lee

[1] APID, as Leo would have it
[2] or not, for residences, at the discretion of the assignor