[ppml] Petition Request for HD Ratio proposal

Member Services memsvcs at arin.net
Fri Mar 18 11:56:31 EST 2005

The author's petition of the proposed policy, "Adding an HD ratio choice
for new IPv4 allocations", was unsuccessful.

The proposed policy text may be found at:
http://www.arin.net/mailing_lists/ppml/3175.html

The proposed policy, Adding an HD ratio choice for new IPv4 allocations,
was posted to the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List (PPML) on February 17,
2005. The ARIN Advisory Council conducted an initial review and decided
not to support moving the proposal forward in the evaluation process.
The author elected to petition and posted to PPML on March 9 in order to
advance the proposal in the evaluation process. The deadline for
submitting support for the petition ended on March 16, 2005.

The following process, as described in the Internet Resource Policy
Evaluation Process and excerpted below, was then carried out.

In accordance with the ARIN Internet Resource Policy Evaluation Process,
the President of ARIN will verify whether people from at least four
different organizations support a petitioned policy proposal.

   	* If a petition receives the required support, the policy
	proposal will be considered formal and will follow the
	remainder of the evaluation process.

   	* If a petition fails to receive the required support within
	five days, the policy proposal will be considered closed.

Based upon an unsuccessful petition, the policy proposal is now closed.

Regards,

Raymond A. Plzak
President & CEO
ARIN