[ppml] Proposed Policy: Adding an HD ratio choice for new IPv4 allocations

Tom Vest tvest at pch.net
Mon Feb 21 23:43:25 EST 2005

The proposed language for 4.2.4.1 uses the terms "ISP" and "all
previous allocations" to suggest how the denominator for the HD ratio
should be calculated. However, "ISP" is not defined in the NPRM. This
is not especially problematic for the current  4.2.4.1 language, which
applies the HD ratio only to an institution's most recent allocation.
However, does ARIN possess the means to make such calculations for
established ISPs that have grown/changed through M&A, selective
divestiture, implementation of new autonomous systems, etc.?

Tom