[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv6 Direct assignments to end sites

marcelo bagnulo braun marcelo at it.uc3m.es
Tue Aug 30 08:56:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

El 29/08/2005, a las 16:17, Member Services escribió:

> 6.5.8. Direct assignments to end sites.
>
>          6.5.8.1. To qualify for a direct end site assignment, an
>                   organization must:
>
>                   a) not be an LIR;
>
>                   b) be an end site;
>
>                   c) be currently multi-homed using IPv6 to two or more
>                      separate LIR's. native connections or statically
>                      configured tunnels may be used to satisfy this
>                      requirement.

Having two tunnels configured with different tunnels providers through
a single dsl line would fulfill this requirement?
I guess this would allow any IPv6 fan to have their own PI prefix
fairly easily, so i would argue for stronger requirements than this...
At least to be really multihomed, i.e. two different ISPs providing
different physical connectivity to the end site, similar to IPv4, i
guess

However, i would even argue to reserve this type of PI based
multihoming only "big" sites (the problem here would be to define what
a big site is i am afraid)

regards, marcelo