[ppml] 2005-1 and/or Multi6

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Apr 14 03:12:07 EDT 2005

Actually, there are parts of swapmv4 in 192, 193, 194, and, arguably,
some of the old B addresses which often appear in deaggregated (subnet)
form.  2005-1 would not do this.  It would be very easy for providers to
render the v6 swamp and this policy moot simply by refusing to advertise
routes within the designated block.

My intent is to propose a policy that is slightly less evil than what will
happen without it.  I have no delusions that a swamp is a good thing.  I
do think that PI addressing is necessary as long as v6 does not solve the
real problem.

The real problem, however, is not apropos to ARIN.  In short, it is the need
to separate the interdomain routing tag from the end system identifiers.

Owen

--On Wednesday, April 13, 2005 15:55 -0700 Lea Roberts

--
If this message was not signed with gpg key 0FE2AA3D, it's probably
a forgery.