[ppml] 2005-1 and/or Multi6

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Apr 13 17:56:29 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 11:05:16AM -0700, Michel Py wrote:
> > or would this policy just create SWAMPv6?
>
> This policy would create SWAMPv6. SWAMPv6 will be more difficult to
> clean than SWAMPv4, for two reasons:

Can anyone please define "swamp"? What does the collection of PI
prefixes differ in compared to the collection of PA aggregate prefixes
other than probably prefix length?

"Swamp" was the organisational chaos left from the early IPv4 phase.
I don't see how a /32 set aside by each RIR for /48 PI prefixes can be
called "swamp" unless you define all PI users as "mud". :-)

Best regards,
Daniel