[ppml] Provider Independence???

marcelo bagnulo braun marcelo at it.uc3m.es
Thu Dec 9 11:05:15 EST 2004

[i don't know if this discussion is off topic for this list, so if it
is, i would appreciate that a chair or someone similar let me know so i
can shut up (i know Randy's opinion, and it would be probably wiser to
follow his advice, but anyway...)]

El 09/12/2004, a las 16:15, Michael.Dillon at radianz.com escribió:

>> but what happens if a ISP don't want to accept the peering conditions
>> of the other ISPs in the region, what happens then?
>
> Then they don't use geo addresses.

i am really not following...

what do you mean?  do you mean that they are not allowed to get geo
addresses?
How would that work? in the geo address block application the
requesting ISP will have to agree that he is willing to peer and accept
the peering agreements with all the ISPs that are currently providing
service in the region?

And who is the first operator that gets PI addresses? i mean this is
important since all the other will only have two choices: or they do
peering with this first operator or they don't get geo addresses,
right?
i don't think this is the way internet works, moreover, i don't think
this the way we want the internet to work

regards, marcelo