[ppml] FW: [address-policy-wg] Re: IANA to RIR IPv6 Allocation

Ray Plzak plzak at arin.net
Fri Aug 20 08:01:41 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: address-policy-wg-admin at ripe.net
[mailto:address-policy-wg-admin at ripe.net] On Behalf Of Wilfried Woeber,
UniVie/ACOnet
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 7:50 AM
To: address-policy-wg at ripe.net
Cc: ipv6-wg at ripe.net; woeber at cc.univie.ac.at
Subject: [address-policy-wg] Re: IANA to RIR IPv6 Allocation

  I've got one comment here on
  section 7. paragraph 4. "Subsequent Allocation":

  While the wording might be sufficiently clear for a native speaker by
  referring to "set of administrative procedures....", I am missing clear
  guidance for the IANA that there should _not_ be any incentive or
  responsibilty to consult with other groups, entities or third parties
  (irrespective of their, say, credibility for e.g. protocol development
  or technical specifications) which would require extending that 30 day
  period.

  My proposal would be that IANA would have to perform the subsequent
  allocation within this 30 day period, even if they might not be able to
  obtain advice or an expertise (for whatever reason) from any other party
  they might have decided to ask for advice.

  Wilfried                                     ( https://cert.aco.net/ )
  Wilfried Woeber                 : e-mail: Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
  UniVie Computer Center - ACOnet : Tel: +43 1 4277 - 140 33
  Universitaetsstrasse 7          : Fax: +43 1 4277 - 9 140
  A-1010 Vienna, Austria, Europe  : RIPE-DB: WW144, PGP keyID 0xF0ACB369
  ...there's no place like 127.0.0.1 (or ::1/128 ?)