[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Johann Botha joe at frogfoot.net
Wed Sep 24 12:36:25 EDT 2003

Hi Leo                                           >@2003.09.24_18:00:40_+0200

> I care because that will be the very next question raised.  I'll
> tell you right now that if 100 ISP's in Africa can get the allocation
> size moved in Africa, there will be 1000 ISP's in the US who will
> come back and say "what about me, I'm bigger then they are after
> all, so I should be able to multi-home too".

I guess the answer would be, because this is a "region specific band-aid"..
(your words)

* until we see AfriNIC up and running
* there was a clear consensus under African network operators
* because ARIN servers probably _the_ two extremes of regions
  ..but lets not get into comparing Africa and America

--
Regards                  ..Friends don't let friends use Outlook
 Johann

          'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
                                 - Leonardo da Vinci
 Johann L. Botha      Frogfoot Networks ISP              AS22355
 joe at frogfoot.net     http://www.frogfoot.net/
 +27.82.562.6167      Built and Managed with Attention to Detail
 0860 KERMIT
 http://blue.frogfoot.net/