[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Wed Sep 24 06:01:38 EDT 2003

| By Alec H. Peterson <ahp at hilander.com>
|                                          [ 2003-09-24 03:02 +0200 ]
> --On Tuesday, September 23, 2003 17:51 -0700 Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com>
> wrote:
>
> >For that price per month, terrestrial microwave would pay for itself
> >rather quickly.  Have you considered setting up terrestrial microwave
> >links between providers?
>
> This assumes the local authority that regulates the electromagnetic
> spectrum allows such links to be setup.

Thank you for pointing this out.  Not even 802.11 is legal in South Africa,
let alone Microwave.  Except in very special cases where our monopolised
telco may be forced to implement wireless connectivity, but they will still
charge the same (if not more) for this service as they do for a wired
connection of the same speed.

Regards,
Aragon