[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-11: Purpose and Scope of WHOIS Di rectory

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue Sep 16 12:02:23 EDT 2003

>  I do like the concept of opting lower-level records into contact
>verification. With that, a provider who wants to can opt to insist that
>their customers have verification on their records as a condition of use
>and therefore offload most work associated with network issues for those
>assignments.

This is accomodated by the proposal I have made. Item 4 allows orgs with
lower-level records to be listed. If the ISP wants to make it a contract
requirement for their customers to maintain such a listing in good
standing
then they are free to do this. The new policy doesn't inhibit this.

--Michael Dillon