[ppml] Allocation and reallocation

Charles Scott cscott at gaslightmedia.com
Mon Oct 27 11:49:30 EST 2003

Leo:
  The problem with not making a distinction between assignable space and
end-user space is that it ignores the issue of determining appropriate
utilization. The 80% and 25%/50% guidelines are that way because
consumption of address space must be considered differently for
assignable space vs end-user space. (Which is why I noted that 2003-10 was
problematic in that it applied an issue related to end-user space to
assignable space.)

Chuck Scott