[ppml] Afrinic and so-called sub-regional policies

Trevor Paquette Trevor.Paquette at TeraGo.ca
Mon Oct 6 22:22:45 EDT 2003

Point of reference...

The following countries are part of LACNIC, and the last time I checked a map they are part of North America (and hence should be part of ARIN, not LACNIC)

PANAMA
COSTA RICA
CUBA
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
HONDURAS
MEXICO
NICARAGUA
GUATEMALA
ARUBA
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

The argument regarding continental scope does not apply.

It's very easy to shift boundaries to meet one's goals... as in the case of LACNIC, which is based more on a common language and culture, then on something that is continental in scope. Saying it is continental is just a 'convenience'.