[ppml] Last Call for Comment: Policy Proposal 2003-3

J Bacher jb at jbacher.com
Wed Nov 19 18:01:58 EST 2003

At 02:29 PM 11/19/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Again... the kind of subpoena you are talking about is for a CRIMINAL
>complaint.  Law enforcement will not generate or act such a SUBPOENA
>for a CIVIL action.  Especially if I want to make a small claims action
>against your customer.  You are creating an additional burden against me
>if I want to sue your customer for their abusive damage to my network.
>My only recourse is to sue you as if you were responsible for that damage.
>Then, you come to court and say "no, that was my customer" and the judge
>dismisses it and I have virtually no recourse.

If you file a CIVIL LAWSUIT are you telling me that you cannot obtain a
subpoena for information and witnesses?  And if you can't subpoena in a
CIVIL LAWSUIT, how do you get anyone to show up in court?

Small claims court?  I could spend more money in the state of Illinois on a
small claim that I would get in return.

You can't sue today based upon ARIN's lack of requirement for a residential
street address because you would have insufficient information.  Yours is a
moot point.