[ppml] What do we do with 2002-6?

Sweeting, John John.Sweeting at teleglobe.com
Fri Feb 28 14:58:35 EST 2003

Bill W.,

Last call on the mailing list is there to give people that were unable to
attend the meeting to let their opinions be heard...that being said there
was a significant amount of traffic reference this policy with much of it
pertaining to what the public felt were loopholes that could lead to abuse.
Bill D.'s wordsmithing,along with Richard J's assurances that legacy address
space is normally not reissued and other returned space is kept out of
circulation for at least a year, seems to address all the concerns and
recommendations that were received. So I guess my question is does the
rewording of the policy make that much difference in regards to the other
RIR's? My personal feelings are that trying to have common policies is a
good thing, reasoning tells me that there will have to be some differences
to account for the difference point of views held by the potential users of
each RIR.