[ppml] Draft 2 of proposal for ip assignmentwith sponsorship

Marla Azinger marla_azinger at eli.net
Fri Feb 28 13:57:35 EST 2003

ok..I'm going to be short and to the point here...

If all I have to do is admit we multihome with someone...then fine.
However, some of the prior suggestions to this proposal appear to be adding
on resposibility and work to the "upstream providers" with the word
"sponsorship". I dont want to support anything that creates unnecessary
"upstream provider" paperwork, followups and downtime.  I have enough
keeping me buisy with all the current sensible/practical policies.

Marla

********************
The point is to have a way to issue microallocations only to multihomed
orgs with a process that allows the ISPs to have a defined procedure for
working with ARIN on it and preserves the integrity of the system.

By requiring an ORG that wants a microallocation to have two ISP sponsors,
ARIN can guarantee that the ORG is multihomed.  The ISPs that sponsor it
are saying that they are providing connectivity to the ORG.  I don't see
where this is much more of a headache to an ISP than having a multihomed
customer in the first place.  However, any ISP would certainly be free to
decline business and refuse to sponsore ORGs that wanted to pay them to
provide transit to their multihomed network.

Owen

--On Thursday, February 27, 2003 8:44 AM -0800 Marla Azinger