[ppml] re: /24 no justification needed

Marla Azinger marla_azinger at eli.net
Thu Feb 27 17:38:49 EST 2003

ok... Thank you for the input on the micro allocations...

But...now you bring up another interesting subject... you wrote in the
middle of one paragraph:

"/24 is
already includes as automatic minimum with no justification"

At the last conference people stood up to the mic and said this exact same
thing...but when I went and confirmed this with ARIN staff they said
no...everything has to be justified.  So I would like some dogma here ...is
it true or not that a customer can be given a /24 if they want to multi-home
even if they wont use all but one quarter to a half of the assignment?

Thank you
Marla
ELI IP Analyst