[ppml] IPv6 Justifications

Jeff S Wheeler jsw at five-elements.com
Mon Feb 24 18:06:24 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 14:57, Richard Jimmerson wrote:
> The current IPv6 policy in place that ARIN staff uses to
> review requests for IPv6 address space cites the 200 /48
> assignments in two years language, therefore asking
> questions about that is part of the request process.
I'm not aware of the issues surrounding the implementation of ARIN
policy, so perhaps you can enlighten me.  If there is a FAQ or other
document which I have missed, I must apologize in advance for being
ignorant of this resource.

What is the reason that ARIN chooses to implement policy and operate in
a manner that restricts IPv6 assignments in such a manner as to hinder
IPv6's wide-spread adoption, when, seemingly, ARIN refuses to implement
an IPv4 small-multihomer policy, such as 2002-7, which was adopted by
the membership's voting body, as I understand.  I am not aware of the
process by which ARIN's operations are governed, however I would
appreciate any insight you could give me with regard to policy-making
matters in general, and specifically the non-implementation of 2002-7.

Kind thanks,

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at five-elements.com>