[ppml] IPv6 Justifications

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Mon Feb 24 14:16:27 EST 2003

> 1. Please describe what IPv6 services you expect to offer. If
> available, provide the URL that details the services.
>

> 2. Please provide a date for your deployment of V6 service.
>

> 3. ARIN will need to see your plan for making at least 200
> /48 assignments to other organizations within 2 years. Please
> use the following format to provdide your topology plan.

Would someone please explain to me why in gods name ARIN thinks they need
to continue the IP justification anal-probes into v6? Is there some
pre-planned v6 shortage I'm not aware of?

I am completely appalled that as an early adopter applying for v6
space, one would be required to provide topologies and plans to make 200
assignments. Let's be realistic, in the US there aren't tons of people
willing to pay for v6 services right now.

Maybe we should try putting the horse before the cart here?