[ppml] Revocation

Ron da Silva ron at aol.net
Tue Feb 18 22:11:12 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:19:40AM +0700, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:
> My original proposal <http://www.camblab.com/misc/univ_std.txt>
> states that action is to be taken only after sufficient
> investigation to prevent such errors.

How do you define "sufficient investigation" ??

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:29:31AM +0700, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:
>  The RIRs are key enablers because they delegate the abused
> resource.

I think you mean, "RIRs delegate resources that later get abused."

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:46:29AM +0700, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:
> I have nominated a definition of abuse which would capture
> 99.9% of it with (so far as I can tell) no false positives.
> Please look at it and critique.

I read through the "abuse" definition in section 6 and have a
concern: "Abuse shall be deemed a pattern of offensive behavior..."
I think "pattern" needs to be specific.  How is a pattern
of this behavior defined, exactly?

> Buy insurance [to cover litigation costs]

Interesting suggestion for ARIN staff...(which I'm sure they'll
consider)..but probably not directly a policy topic.

-ron