[ppml] Abstract of proposed Internet Draft for Best CurrentPractice (please comment)

John M. Brown john at chagres.net
Tue Feb 18 15:44:00 EST 2003

once upon a time we tried to create a data base, RADB, IRR
etc.  They don't seem to be getting as much use as they
used to.

I am extremely leary of having the RIR's become involved
in "asserting" whats in the routing table.

The failure modes of that database being corrupt, hacked
or fat finger'd are to big to justify the value of it,
IMHO.  If someone like ARIN did it I would expect them
to carry a liability policy of multiple millions incase
they fat fingered or other screwed the data up and cause
someone get get dropped off the net that wasn't suppose
to be.