[ppml] Abstract of proposed Internet Draft for Best CurrentPractice (please comment)

Steve Rolapp steve at rovingplanet.com
Tue Feb 18 12:58:07 EST 2003

I disagree.  Take DNS.  The registrares are able to pull a domain from
the root servers for fraud and as was noted ICAAN can inforce that.  Its
no different a senerio for the RIR's.  Yes the protocol would need to be
made bullet proof.

The real purpose of this is not so specific as to fight spam but instead
is to maintain more control of the IP space that they allocate.  Fraud
or spam are examples of how else something like this might be used.
>From what I understand, there are blocks from spammers in the swamp now
that can't be used because they have been labeled as spam nets.  In this
way the RIR's could reuse these nets and everyone knows they are not
from the spammer.

Steve Rolapp