[ppml] Abstract of proposed Internet Draft for Best Current Practice (please comment)

Charles Scott cscott at gaslightmedia.com
Tue Feb 18 11:34:55 EST 2003

Brian:
  Being a vocal anti-spammer, I have to disagree with this statement (or
did you not mean it to sound this way). Just because a provider SWIP's an
address block to someone who deploys it on another network does not mean
they are absolved of responsibility for its use. The "chain of custody" is
critical. If a provider reassigns space and accepts no responsibility for
its use, they should be considered as culpable as the actual abuser.

Chuck