[ppml] ppml 2002-7

McBurnett, Jim jmcburnett at msmgmt.com
Sat Feb 15 15:12:46 EST 2003

>From: Owen DeLong [mailto:owen at delong.com]
>

>Although I think this facilitates abuse by the ISPs, I think
>it's a better
>compromise than what is currently proposed.  There should, however, be
>some form of process included for redress of abuse by ISP so
>that people
>trying to get sponsored have some recourse if their ISP won't sponsor
>them other than finding another ISP.

I think we should leave this alone.
If I was an ISP and some guy call John Doe, who happens to be the talk of the
town on SPAM-L as an ISP hopping SPAMMER, were to ask me to sponsor him,
not only would it be no, but (fill in many choice words here).

I don't think this redress is a good idea. An ISP just like any other business
should be allowed to choose who they want to service.
It is a bigger deal in the US than elsewhere, I believe it is a federal law....

Jim