[ppml] Question

Eric B. Decker cire at deckerstone.net
Tue Feb 4 10:15:20 EST 2003

Thanks for the update Richard.

I appreciate.

-c

    rj> Hello Eric,

    >> Do you know who has been working on this lately?
    >> Its my understanding there is still a fair amount that hasn't
    >> been gone through.  At least that is something I heard at the
    >> RIPE meeting and I'm trying to check it out.

    rj> Information about the early registration transfer project is
    rj> available at:

    rj>   http://www.arin.net/registration/erx/index.html

    rj> All of the AS numbers were transferred last year.  Recently,
    rj> 129.0.0.0/8 has been the focus of the project and the transfers
    rj> associated with that /8 have been completed.  RIPE NCC reported
    rj> the results of this transfer to the Database Working Group at
    rj> the RIPE meeting last week and has the approval of their
    rj> community to move forward with additional transfers.  APNIC and
    rj> LACNIC are also working very closely with ARIN on this project
    rj> and transfers within several /8s are expected to be completed
    rj> within the next few months.

    rj> Best Regards,

    rj> Richard Jimmerson
    rj> Director of Operations
    rj> American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)

    cjw> There has been a project underway for quite some
    >> time.  The RIRs
    cjw> have been in the process of moving the pre-RIR
    >> address space allocations
    cjw> to their appropriate RIR.

    cjw> ---CJ