[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-11: Purpose and Scope of WHOIS Di rectory

Charles Scott cscott at gaslightmedia.com
Wed Aug 27 17:54:20 EDT 2003

Ian:
  Not sure what you mean by making 5) and 6) a reccomendation. If you mean
that verification should be optional for direct ARIN allocations, then I'm
not sure what good the rest of it is. Perhaps I missed your point.
  I don't see item 6) as such a big deal, just thought it would be nice to
opt to see only verified reccords if you wanted to. Simply a search
option.
  As for rigid, I think verification is important to the proposal and to
serving a main purpose of the whois database. Much of the rest of my
points are intended to make it less rigid in that it still permits
unverified contact data for assignments and end-user reccords, still
permits access to the full amount of data if people want to use unverified
contact data, permits people to lessen their workload in one of two ways
(by either not doing the assignment reccords or by possibly avoiding
handling the calls if their verified).

Chuck