[ppml] Policy Proposal 2002-3: Micro-Assignments forMultihomed Networks

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Fri Aug 22 11:58:33 EDT 2003

Leo,

We have gone over these exact issues many times.

The fact remains that ARIN serves diverse constituencies.  I encourage you
to read Bill Darte's recent post, I think it strikes a very reasonable
compromise, by proposing to immediately lower the minimum allocation to a
/22, with a timetable for further reductions in the minimum allocation size
based on the change in routing table growth.

We have been working on some sort of a minimum allocation change for years
now, it would be great if we could actually move forward with a compromise,
instead of both sides of the discussion acting with an all or nothing
attitude.

Alec
Chair, ARIN AC