[ppml] IP Address Management Tools

BARGER, DAVE (SBIS) db6906 at sbc.com
Tue Aug 19 12:34:54 EDT 2003

We have been using Lucent's QIP and Network Allocator product since 1999.
Network Allocator 3.0 includes a lot of customization that we asked Lucent
to do
over the years, including automated assign/remove swips.  These tools have
served
our needs very well.  It is an excellent subnet managment tool, and also
allows you
to manage /32 assignments, DNS, and DHCP (although we use different
platforms/products
for DNS/DHCP).  Managing over 800k subnets and 500k customer records, it
scales rather nicely.

I'll be at the October meeting, and would be glad to demo it if anyone is
interested.

Dave Barger
Senior Technical Director
Network Engineering IP Management