Policy Proposal 2002-3

Trevor Paquette Trevor.Paquette at TeraGo.ca
Mon Sep 23 16:03:36 EDT 2002

Didn't the ARIN body (ie:the members) move away from
giving out small allocations for a reason?

So what would ARIN want to move back?

If this policy must be tabled..

I would also add that the organization must continue
to be multi-homed. This should be able to be verified via BGP
advertising.

When an entity is no longer multi-homed for 1 month (anyone
else suggest another timeframe?), ARIN should reclaim that
IP space and inform the original organization and the single
BGP advertising entity that they are to stop advertising it.

My concern is that there needs to be a built in reclaimation
process as well as a provisioning process.

How might this be monitored and who is going to monitor it?

Nothing like burning up the remaining IPv4 space to speed up the
roll-out of IPv6......