Fw: [ppml] Re: ARIN Policy Proposal 2002-7

Charles Scott cscott at gaslightmedia.com
Tue Oct 8 11:38:50 EDT 2002

While I admit to being more management these days than technical, I'm
curious why there isn't a technical solution to multi-homing with long
prefixes. It would seem that some well placed systems could provide
aggrigation of a number of long prefix attachments and provide routing
service to those long prefix customers via tunnels. Such a service would
provide a solution to impact on the global routing tables, offer ultimate
portability to the small customer who needs to be multihomed but has a
small IP footprint, and perhaps could provide a revenue stream to whomever
built it. In fact, haven't I seen such offerings already available?

Chuck Scott
cscott at gaslightmedia.com