[ppml] "...an aggressive process of IPv4 modification or replacement ought to be underway."

Jim Fleming JimFleming at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 3 11:00:16 EDT 2002

From: "Bill Darte" <billd at cait.wustl.edu>
"Oh, BTW, if IPv6 is not a viable protocol for widespread Internet
application, then an aggressive process of IPv4 modification or replacement
ought to be underway."
======

How "aggressive" ?

IPv4++ ?
IPv5 ?
IPv7 ?
IPv8 ?
IPv16 ?

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...IPv16 is even closer...
http://www.ietf.com
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://ipv8.dyndns.tv