[ppml] Last Call for Comment: Policy Proposal 2002-6

Dr. Jeffrey Race jrace at attglobal.net
Fri Nov 15 01:40:53 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:29:31 -0600 (CST), Mury wrote:

>Anyone using a blacklisting service that can't keep something like that
up
>to date can't possibly trust their accuracy anyway.  And in my experience
>most blacklisters are savvy enough to appreciate and utilize a list that
>the RIR's could easily maintain.

Here is a typical announcement (on Spam-L) of a repentant ISP trying
to get off blocklists:

Date:    Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:04:15 -0500
From:    "W. Mark Herrick, Jr." <markh at VA.RR.COM>
Subject: BLOCK: Spews Listing S1620 - Removal Request

All issues related to Road Runner (had all related DNS entries removed and
had all domain records (whois) remove any reference to a Road Runner IP
address) have been resolved.

Our customer was hosting DNS for these domains.

That customer is no longer doing so.

Problem Domains that have been removed:
dirtytraffic.com, thapics.com, verynicetits.com, pornsiteengine.com,
bentspokemedia.com, veryhornyteens.com

Requesting removal of 24.129.179.0 - 24.129.181.255

Mark Herrick
Director - Operations Security
Road Runner