spike in ARIN IP allocation in Jan 2001

Leslie Nobile leslien at arin.net
Mon Oct 29 16:21:45 EST 2001

Hi Louie-

ARIN periodically sees spikes in the monthly allocation statistics.  The
spike in Jan 2001 was due to the fact that we issued a larger than usual
number of v4 addresses.  This was due to the fact that we made several very
large allocations within that month which caused this particular spike.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.  Thanks.

Leslie