ARIN's policies concerning dial-up pools

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Fri Jan 19 12:51:07 EST 2001

Hello Alex,

When allocating IP address space to your downstream customers
for their dial pools it is important to pay attention to the
the users to modems ratio to ensure they are not assigning
static IP addresses to their dial-up customers.  Although it
is important to make sure they are making dynamic assignments,
it is also important to take their number of simultaneous
users during peak usage hours into consideration.

Richard Jimmerson
Director of Operations