Just to clarify

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Tue Jan 16 10:38:37 EST 2001

Hello Tanya,

> how does ARIN
> verify that the downstream actually attempted to contact
> their upstream?

ARIN will ask for a forwarded copy of the email they sent to
their upstream provider.  We understand some petitioners may
try to skip this step of the process by giving us false
information, but ARIN will ensure the upstream provider has
ample time to consider the petitioners request when we contact
them ourselves.

Richard Jimmerson
Director of Operations