[arin-discuss] Community Consultation: Future Direction for the ARIN Fee Schedule

Paul Timmins ptimmins at clearrate.com
Thu Oct 16 23:36:48 EDT 2014

Alternatively, one can look at current conditions and note that
IPv6 revenues do not presently play a significant role; given our
goal of facilitating IPv6 deployment, one could focus on current
conditions and waive IPv6 fees, although this would inevitably
require revisiting the structure long-term since revenues would
drop precipitously at some point when everyone was paying only
for IPv4 holdings that were unneeded due to IPv6 transition.

We should be so lucky.

(speaking as boots on the ground that are deploying new IPv6 services daily, but looking at the cold hard reality of my vendors supplied products (and vocally demanding them to fix them, most of whom have been doing very well (thanks, Zyxel!), and my competitors' zeal or more accurately their lack thereof for IPv6)

(but not speaking for my employer)