[arin-discuss] [arin-announce] Community Consultation: Future Direction for the ARIN Fee Schedule

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Oct 13 20:05:36 EDT 2014

On Oct 13, 2014, at 4:48 PM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> John,
>
> I don't know if Owen has a proposal, but I have one. My proposal is
> that ARIN first cut its expenses by 40% and then we can talk sensibly
> about a fee structure that the members can agree shows a reasonable
> ROI. Right now, I don't feel that we have that return firmly
> established and this fee structure activity is indicative.

Martin -

  You probably should engage with the ARIN Board of Trustees regarding
  the activities that you do (or do not) want ARIN to undertake in the
  process of achieving your proposed expense level. If you want to see
  what is presently envisioned for 2015 and 2016, there are objectives
  for each year in the ARIN Strategic Plan, which is available online:
   <https://www.arin.net/about_us/corp_docs/stratplan.pdf>

  I will observe that the relative structure of the fee schedule (e.g.
  relative fees for various address holdings, IPv4/IPv6 tradeoffs, and
  theISP/end-user revenue mix, etc.) will still need to be considered
  at any revenue/expense level.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran