[arin-discuss] Fwd: [ARIN-Suggestions] New ACSP Suggestion 2014.10: CHANGES TO CANDIDATE SPEECHES

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jun 4 20:18:31 EDT 2014

On Jun 4, 2014, at 8:04 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> I oppose the implementation of this suggestion.
>
> No rule prohibiting what Paul and I did existed prior to our doing it. I don’t see any way in which it impacted the integrity of the election process.
>
> However, it has been made clear that such conduct is not desired and I see no reason that simply making that fact known is not sufficient. Going to written-only or pre-fabricated speeches is an unnecessary overreaction, IMHO.

The proposed short-term resolution is effectively make that fact sufficiently known.

Additionally, I was going to provide the suggestion as-is to the Board and Nomcom
(as they periodically review the election process in general, and can decide if there
is an more significant issue, and whether anything further is called for...)

Does that seem satisfactory?
/John

John Curran
President and CEO