[arin-discuss] my recommendations for the election of two trustees to the arin board

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Fri Oct 11 04:57:08 EDT 2013

attention, arin members.

 today in my remarks at the public policy meeting in phoenix AZ i
recommended two candidates, noting that i am ending my service to ARIN
on december 31 after nine years on your board of trustees.

first, i quoted my remarks from
http://teamarin.net/2013-elections/vint-cerf/ as follows:
> Working with Vint has been the thrill of a lifetime. He is even better
> than his reputation and he provides solid luminary leadership
> everywhere he goes for ARIN. I urge and request that the voting
> members return him to the board for a second term. I still miss Jon
> Postel but Vint is the next best thing.

second, i quoted the following text from
http://teamarin.net/2013-elections/bernadette-lewis/
> Bernadette is a voice of intelligent rationality not just for the
> Caribbean but for the ARIN region and for the Internet's way of doing
> things. She is one of us who, luckily for us, is also highly regarded
> by the govvies and bellheads. She already represents our goals and
> principles, she already fights our fights. Seating her on our board is
> the only logical thing to do. I could not have asked for a more
> uplifting successor as I leave the ARIN board after three terms.

thank you again for electing me to serve you these last nine years. it's
been an expansive, humbling experience. please vote, if you are a
designated member representative (DMR). otherwise please find out who
your organization's DMR is and ensure that your organization votes in
the elections for NRO Numbers Council, ARIN Advisory Council, and ARIN
Board of Trustees. more information, instruction, and contact
information for ARIN staff can be found at
https://www.arin.net/public/election/

paul vixie, ceo
farsight security