[arin-discuss] ipv6 fees in new fee structure

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Mar 7 17:31:08 EST 2013

On Mar 7, 2013, at 1:26 PM, Robert L Mathews <lists at tigertech.com> wrote:
> I asked ARIN's billing department last week if there was any solution
> for this, since John Curran's comments, referenced above and here:
>
> http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-consult/2012-November/000446.html
>
> ... had seemed encouraging. But the reply was that the only way to
> return to X-Small status is to apply for a new /36, then renumber out of
> the /32 within 3 months and return it.
>
> Although it'll take at least a couple of days of my time to renumber,
> I'll probably do so. It'll save us thousands (tens of thousands?) of
> dollars in the long run.

Robert -

 This has been corrected; you can return all but a single /36 from your
 existing allocation and be billed accordingly.  So, some renumbering
 may be involved (depending on your initial numbering plan) but it
 should be far less than renumbering into an entire new allocation.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO