[arin-discuss] To List Members ARIN Consultation: Changing the VoterEligibility for ARIN Member Organizations

Jay Hennigan jay at impulse.net
Thu Jan 17 18:47:42 EST 2013

On 1/17/13 8:59 AM, Larry Ash wrote:

> Agreed the unanticipated consequence is always out there somewhere.

Also agreed.

> I would add that there is an assumption that larger vote
> percentages are better. I don't necessarily agree. When one chooses not
> to vote it can be because he/she trusts the community consensus more than
> he/she trusts his/her own judgment at that time. In my way of thinking that
> is a proxy to the community and a vote.

Perhaps add a choice on each ballot of "Abstain" or "Not enough
familiarity with issue/candidates to make informed decision", really the
same thing.  Even this change could cause some issues if enough people
actually use it and there are bylaws clauses regarding majority of votes
cast, however.

IMHO, leave it alone.  Lack of participation in the election may just be
a sign that the "silent majority" is happy.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net
Impulse Advanced Communications  -  http://www.impulse.net/