[arin-discuss] Implementing IPv6

Michael Sinatra michael+ppml at burnttofu.net
Wed Feb 27 14:03:28 EST 2013

On 02/27/2013 10:47, Mike A. Salim wrote:
> Is IPv4 space "really" running out any time soon?  Since "wolf" was cried almost two years ago and the sky didn't fall yet, I do not see an immediate mass rush to IPv6 coming yet.

We already see networks in the DFZ table that are only announcing IPv6.
  Now, of course, they could be getting their IPv4 from elsewhere, but
it may still be the case that their IPv6 connectivity is way better than
their IPv4.  So if you want to have good connectivity to *all* of your
customers, IPv6 (specifically dual-stack) is in your best interests.

Remember, in the "cry wolf" fable, the wolf really does show up at the end.

michael