[arin-discuss] Implementing IPv6

Mike A. Salim msalim at localweb.com
Fri Feb 22 14:02:36 EST 2013

Interesting ...

We implemented IPv6 over an year ago and all seems well, we have not had
any reports of any unreachable addresses.  Is there a way to test
whether or not this is an issue for us?  I tried pinging a Cogent IPv6
address and an HE IPv6 address and both work OK for me but a simple
ping6 test does not rule out potential problems:

ping6 -n ipv6.cogentco.com

ping6 -n ipv6.he.net

Mike

A. Michael Salim

VP and Chief Technology Officer,

American Data Technology, Inc.

PO Box 12892

Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA

P: (919)544-4101 x101

F: (919)544-5345

E: msalim at localweb.com

W: http://www.localweb.com <http://www.localweb.com/>

PRIVACY NOTIFICATION:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
2510-2521, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.