[arin-discuss] Encouraging IPv6 Transition (From PPML)

Mike Horwath drechsau at iphouse.net
Tue May 15 11:33:51 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 02:58:54PM +0000, John Curran wrote:
> On May 15, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Mike Horwath wrote:
> > Management software for the cloud stacks.  Nothing to do with the
> > hypervisor itself.
> >
> > Xen, KVM, vSphere - they don't care about IPv6 and things are fine.
> >
> > It is the management applications that don't have anything.
>
> Mike -
>
> Do you have a suggestion for how ARIN should respond to this situation?

I wish I had an idea!

I know I have pushed on my side back to VMware already (we use their
stuff all over our network for our customers).

But as I said, this is about all management systems for the different
virtualization hypervisors.

I haven't seen anything in the UI for Amazon or Rackspace (been a
while and someone already responded saying that something was done and
then referenced worldipv6day which has nothing to do with whether
their system supports it for their customers).  I know it is not there
for vCloud Director (VMware), CloudStack (verison 2 series for sure
but no mention in the 3 documentation either), OpenStack (nova and
prior, I'm a little behind on the current release).  I see nothing
from the other large players like Terremark, Bluelock, Virtacore (all
VMware based), nor GoGrid, Linode, Slicehost (now Rackspace) either.

Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       drechsau at iphouse.net
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is
        that surrounds universes. - Berkeley Fortune